The Tri-Cities LIP is pleased to announce the following initiatives for 2020-2021:
Virtual Community Dialogues on Racism
TCLIP is pleased to present a series of Virtual Community Dialogues on Racism between June 24th – July 20th, 2020. We are privileged to welcome guest speakers, Dr. Ismael Traore and Priscilla Omulo for the series of dialogues.
July 20, 2020: How do we address racism in our communities?
Learn about allyship principles that will empower us to stand in solidarity to address racism in the Tri-Cities.
July 9, 2020: Why Does Racism Still Exist?
Learn about how psychological defense mechanisms can play a role in the existence of racism. Guest speakers, Dr. Ismael Traore and Priscilla Omulo speaks about strategies to combat these mechanisms.
June 24, 2020: What Does Racism Look Like?
Hear about the manifestations of racism and the impacts of systems of oppression that enable racism to persist.
Research on Immigrant Integration & Inclusion Needs
The ultimate goal of the project is to identify needs and gaps in the integration and inclusion journey of newcomers in the Tri-Cities. The research will:
- Determine community priorities related to immigrant integration and inclusion
- Identify potential strategies that the collaborative could enact to support community priorities
- Develop key indicators to measure the success of the collaborative in addressing needs and gaps to integration and inclusion
Based on several community consultations and literature review and analyses, the TCLIP developed its Strategic Plan for 2016 – 2019. Four strategic priorities were identified:
- Immigrant Labour Market Integration
- Newcomers’ Knowledge of and Access to Community Information and Services
- Social Isolation of Tri-Cities’ Newcomers
- Civic Engagement of Tri-Cities’ Newcomers
TCLIP has successfully received funding for the implementation of these strategic priorities for 2016- 2019. During the implementation phase, we will continue to emphasize the importance and value of partnerships, collaborations, community engagement and sustainability in our activities. Our annual action plans are guided by the strategic plan and directed by the TCLIP Council and several committees.
See ANNUAL REPORT for more information.